|All conference rooms should be well presented|
Well Placed Conference are an established conference venue finder and I personally have worked in many conference hotels over the years. We take clients to view hotels and conference venues for their potential events regularly and the feedback we often get is 'that could have been better'!
As a company we are always striving to improve standards within the hospitality industry to benefit our clients and would make the following suggestions to hotels & venues just to make their hotel show rounds more profitable.
- First impressions count, try and be in reception to meet & greet on arrival
- Make sure all departments know who is coming, especially reception in case you can't be there to greet
- Make sure you know all the information about the event, use the arrival coffee time to explore the event further if necessary and the clients specific needs.
- Make sure all the doors to conference rooms are unlocked that you will be showing. Nothing more embarrasing than leaving clients waiting whilst you hunt for keys.
- Conference rooms being shown should have lights on and be set up, preferably in style that client has requested for their event. You know we are coming, so plan for it.
- If showing bedrooms, make sure you have the keys in advance and know which way down the corridoors you are going.
- Have a logical route planned for the show round so as not to walk past the same conference room 3 times!
- Only show areas that the client has specified a need for, time is precious.
- Know the benefits of your venues features and apply these to the clients specific needs as you are walking around.
- Always offer a departing coffee or hospitality as the client may want to take some time to write notes whilst the venue and show round is fresh in their mind.
We are in a people & service business and its the little things that make the difference in my experience. A well structured and professional show round will make the difference between the client choosing you or the conference venues next door.
Let Well Placed Conference find the best venue for next event as we know who will look after you!